|GRN Recycle Talk FAQ
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 97 09:19 WET From: FRIEDMAN.FRED@EPAMAIL.EPA.GOV (Fred Friedman) Subject: Re: Recycling christmas trees (Lan Nguyen)
March 4, 1997
Dear Lan Nguyen,
The christmas tree recycling/reuse programs that we know of are:
- Longview, Washington: chipping for fuel and mulch.
- Nantucket, Massachusetts: chipping for mulch or for erosion control on ocean beaches; also planting them upright in a staggered patteron on wind-eroded dunes as a base for dune resoration
- Plymouth and Barnstable, Massachusetts: shorline erosion control by wiring them together.
- San Diego, California: mulch
- Torrance, California: potting soil and planter mix
- New York city: mulch and compost in city parks
-- Research Library for RCRA