GRN Recycle Talk FAQ

Date: Thu May 01 1997 - 05:08:00 EDT

Date: Thu, 1 May 97 10:08 WET DST
Subject: Re: HDPE 5 gallon pales (sic) (Colton Seale)

May 1, 1997

Dear Colton Seale,

By pale, I assume that you mean pail. Reuse Centers may take them if they are clean. That s the best answer. Also waste exchanges.

For reuse centers in Brooklyn, call US EPA Region 2, Solid Waste Program, Contact: Lorraine Graves at 212-637-4099 who should probably send you along to her state recycling counterpart at the NY DEC.

Some National Organizations will know of reuse opportunities for your material in your area (and perhaps outside it):

Educational Assistance, Ltd, 708-690-0010
Gifts In kind America, 703-836-2121

Local organizations to NY/NJ include:

Materials for the Arts, 212-255-5924
Furnish a Future, 718-875-5353

Also check the National Materials Exchange on the web at

The Waste Exchange, most proximate to you is the Northeast Industrial Waste Exchange, Syracuse, NY at 315-422-6572.

If you end up with the need for a recycler, check with the NY DEC Recycling Coordinator for a list of plastics recyclers.

-- Research Library for RCRA

Copyright © Global Recycling Network,