|GRN Recycle Talk FAQ
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 98 14:47 WET DST From: FRIEDMAN.FRED@EPAMAIL.EPA.GOV (Fred Friedman) Subject: Re: Recycling in multiple unit dwellings (Gen-Nex Engineering)
June 30, 1998
Dear Engineering firm,
Apartment building recycling common problems:
- Recyclables separation and chuting
- Recyclables storage
- Rolling bulk collection containers
- Ongoing Public education in light of turnover rates
- Volume reduction of recyclables
- The architecture of multifamily dwellings are vastly different and must have recycling systems that specifically are designed for them.
- Continuous feedback during a pilot phase before full scale implementation is highly desireable (and smart).
- Personnel issues.
You should buy: Cooperative Community Solutions for New Jersey: A Study of Community-Based Interventions As a Model for Increasing Recycling in Small Businesses and Multifamily Residences from:
Tellus Institute, 11 Arlington St., Boston, MA 02116. Authors are Julia Brody and Lori Lach.
- Research Library for RCRA